Note: Any semblance or inference to any person living or dead is purely coincidental.
Floaters:
It's hard to breathe
When i am near you
But it's harder to breathe
When i'm far from you
I toss and i turn
'Cos i pine and i burn
For you my love
My dawn
Awake fiery hot desires from within me
Color the darkness with your caress
and turn the dew into a field of diamonds
Vitreous:
Enough, friend
This be not the season
For wounds remain
and time has not revealed the fullest extent of the pain
That yet awaits me
6 winters chill i have been in love
6 months i have been out of love
My heart is not ready
Understand please
Friend
Floaters:
Summer rain kisses the flowers that bloom
Likewise i will pour out my love on you
Let your tears mingle with my own
Let me hold you as you sleep
Vitreous:
I speak to you as a friend
Or i will speak no more
For before me lies a door i cannot enter
A line i cannot cross
Push me no more
Dearest friend
Floaters:
Shall i await the day
When you conquer the army of confusion and fear that besieges you
Will such a day come?
When will that be
And how will i know
I don't want to wait here forever
Or i could take you and draw you near
Reach through the door and pull you through
Could i hold you close
Kiss away the sorrow from your eyes
Melt the cold sorrow with the passion within me
To hold you as you struggle
as you flail away
Against memories that stalk you
Against fears that taunt you
Could i brush my lips against yours
Run my fingers through your hair
Whisper "i love you"
"I will treasure you..."
Vitreous:
I will speak no more
You have a golden heart
But i have no need for such a heart
This spring song has been sung
Before winter has passed
You seek to awaken desire before its proper time
I long to be free
Yet with your love and passion
You seek to bind me
I would have you as a friend
But I do not want to torment you
With desires and dreams unfulfilled
So I bid thee farewell
Begone
You will find another lass
For whom you can compose another poem
Another song
Who knows what tomorrow brings
Perhaps love
Perhaps sorrow
Perhaps everything or nothing
Perhaps we will be together then
Perhaps we won't
Perhaps we will take turns bouncing grandchildren on our laps
Perhaps we won't
Who knows if tomorrow will even come
Floaters:
There are many fishes in the sea
And we are best, you and me
If i had met you in a different ocean, a different sea
I'd have pulled you through that door
Convinced you
And loved you for all eternity
But alas, this is not to be
I cannot pull you
I can only wait for you
And be happy
On my own