
Stickerman is a new friend i made at the hospital. He is paralysed from waist down, has no control of bladder and bowel, and has a bed sore that won't heal. It looks so bad that he says he's glad he never feels a thing. Bed sores are basically the same thing that did in the gal boxer in million dollar baby.
I looked for his bed in the wards after asking the HO for patients i can harass in order to become a better doctor. Ok, curtains are drawn.... i will come back later. He's probably answering some calls...
15 mins later... curtains are still drawn... I take a tentative peek. Stickerman is sitting on his bedpan. I ask if i can talk to him. He told me he's taking a crap, in case i didn't realise. I told him i didn't mind if he didn't mind. He didn't. I didn't, and so our conversation continued for the next hour with him on that bedpan.
Talked abt his family... how they abandoned him when he was little, and he's had to stay in a home. He knows other kids, and says that at least they have a family who cares for them. He goes to a sec school by calling a cab and moves around in a wheelchair. He's supposed to catheterise himself 6 times a day, but doesn't always do it. Now he's in becos of a headache... prob a blocked VP shunt. I felt truly sorry for him, but kept up my hearty smile and witty comments cos i knew that shedding tears over him will not make him feel any better. He'd prob think that i was gay.
He loves to digress... and that's why i spent close to one hour in that hot dreary cubicle. He asked for my sony ericsson k700 and started a video session of our conversation after finding the chinese mp3s not to his liking. He asked me why there were no pretty gals on my phone. I told him i din keep photos of pretty gals. He asked me why... i bo chup and thiam thiam. To be honest i would sneak a few pics of chio bus4 if my k700i cam didn't have to make that damn loud noise when i use it to take photos. And chio bu4s usually come with a tua jia4 guy so i dun wan to get beaten up.
Anyway, he told me he got friendster and got 4 galfriends whom he talks to very often and even writes long long letters to them. That's why he needs stickers.... to make cards for them. I gave him 5 winney the pooh stickers that i usually use to bribe the little kids so that i can get to hear some heart sounds and breath sounds and all that boring stuff. With a scary face like mine that makes children cry, i need all the help i can get. After talking to me about his 3 chinese and 1 indian galfrens on-line, he asked me how many i had. I said i haven't added many after i first started 2 years back so i only have 260. He said he couldn't believe it. I said i couldn't believe that he had not passed motion for 1 month either. Then he asked he whether i got galfren. I said no. He asked why. I thiam3 thiam3 again. He asked me what the hell i was doing with the 260 friends on friendster, can't be all guys right?
The nex time i saw him was in tutorial... he was happy to be examined by one of my pretty female friends and kept on smiling. He asked me to ask her for her number. She decided to give e mail. Hope they live happily ever after.
doctor

